Dr. K.V. Jagannath Rao Naidu comes with years of reputation and excellence in Radiation Oncology and is regarded as a leading authority in the field across state. He served as a professor and HOD in department of Radiation Oncology at Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad. He received his MBBS from Maharaja Krishna Chandra Gajapati Medical College (MKCGC) in Odisha and went on to complete his MD in Radiotherapy in the year 1996 from the prestigious – Shri Ramchandra Bhanj Medical College from Utkal University, Cuttack-Odisha.
Dr. Naidu has more than two decades of practice after his graduation with diverse experience in different clinical setting. He joined at Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS)as a senior resident and held the position of resident until the year 2000, later continued his role as an Assistant Professor and went on to become as a Professor & Head of the Department in NIMS in 2012.
Dr. K.V.J. Naidu has vast knowledge in teaching and clinical practice in Radiotherapy. Before joining American Oncology Institute, he was Professor and Head of the department of Radiation Oncology. He held various teaching positions for MD (Radiotherapy) at MNJ Institute of Oncology & Regional Cancer Center in Hyderabad and Father Muller Medical College in Mangalore.
• Is fully conversant with Teletherapy, Brachytherapy treatment for most of the malignancies.
• Great experience in High Energy Linear Accelerator (Clinac-iX Varian Medical Systems), Somavision and Eclipse planning system, Telecobalt unit(Theratron-780C), LDR with Caesium/ HDR with Iridium intra cavitary brachytherapy units comprising Plato treatment planning system.
• Had training in Rapid Arc at Copenhagen – Denmark in 2010
• Has in depth knowledge in Chemotherapy and Concurrent Chemo-Radiation therapy.
1. A study on patients compliance and acute toxicity in the management of cervical cancer treated with or without concurrent weekly Cisplatin and radiotherapy– by Dr.K.KiranKumar 2006.
2. A study on patients compliance and acute toxicity in the management of Head & Neck cancers with concurrent weeklyCisplatin and radiotherapy – by Dr.J.Prashanti 2008.
3. Carcinoma of esophagus with EBRT & ILRT– Dr.RippieKapoor 2009
4. Study Comparing Short Course Preoperative Radiation and Conventional Chemoradiation in Locally Advanced Carcinoma Rectum– by Dr. L.YugandharSarma- 2010
5. Study of the adequacy of PTV margins in 3DCRT & DVH analysis & assessment of quality of life in primary brain tumors – by Dr. V.V.Sampath– 2011
6. Dosimetric evaluation and determination of acute toxicity in post-mastectomy radiotherapy – by Dr.B.NanditaSesikeran – 2012
7. Comparative study of quality of life in locally advanced head and neck cancers with concurrent chemo-radiotherapy with three weekly cisplatin versus weekly cisplatin regimen. By Dr.A.KesavRamGopal– 2013
8. A perspective image based HDR intracavitary brachytherapy using ultrasound and assessment of the quality of life in the patients of carcinoma cervix –Pavan Kumar L, Monica I,Rakhee P, KesavRamgopal, Akram S, Fayaz Ahmed S, E.Vijayakrishna, DeepaJ,Suresh, Naidu KVJR. – 2014
1. Sporadic rectal cancers in young adults: Experience from a tertiary cancer center in India. J Clinoncal 31, 2013 (suppl; abstr e14694).Malik M, Kesava RA, Jilla S, Vindhya Vasini A, Sarma YL, Naidu KVJR, Suresh P, Ratnam SV.
2.Quality of life in patients of carcinoma cervix treated with chemoradiotherapy: A prospective study.J ClinOncol 31, 2013 (suppl; abstr e16545Pavankumar L, Malik M, Kesava RA, Syedakram K, Joseph DM, Fayaz AS, Pamidighantam S, Jagannathraonaidu KV.).
3.Comparative study of quality of life in locally advanced head and neck cancers with concurrent chemoradiotherpy with three weekly cisplatin versus weekly cisplatin regimen. J ClinOncol 31, 2013 (suppl; abstr e17028)Kesava RA, Malik M, Pavankumar L, Syedakram K, Joseph DM, Fayaz AS, Pamidighantam S, Jagannathraonaidu KV, Ratnam SV.
4.Verification of In-field dose and contralateral breast dose in post mastectomy radiotherapy. The Breast, Vol 22, Supplement 1, March 2013.NSesikeran, Malik MI, N Jagannathrao,
Pamidighantam S, Prasad PLBD, Ratnam SV.
5.Quality of life in patients of carcinoma cervix treated with chemoradiotherapy – A prospective study: Oral paper presented in FOGSI – FIGO 2013, HICC, Hyderabad, India on 14th September 2013. Pavan Kumar Lachi, Monica I, KesavRamgopalAdavikolanu, Syed Akram , Deepa Joseph M, Fayaz Ahmed Syed, Suresh
Pamidighantam, Jagannathrao Naidu, K.V.
6.Radiotherapy for intracranial and spinal ependymomas. A retrospective Analysis: Poster presented at ASNO-2013, Mumbai, India: Pavan Kumar Lachi, Monica I, KesavRamgopal A, Syed Akram ,Deepa Joseph M, Fayaz Ahmed Syed, Suresh Pamidighantam, Jagannathrao Naidu, K.V.
7.Neurocutaneousmelanosis in Adult: a case report. Poster presented at Cancer CI-2013, Hyderabad, India.Pavan Kumar Lachi, Monica I, MeghaUppin, Rama Krishna M, KesavRamgopal, Syed Akram ,Deepa Joseph M, Fayaz Ahmed Syed, Suresh Pamidighantam, Jagannathrao Naidu, K.V.
8.Sporadic rectal cancers in young adults: Experience from a tertiary cancer center in India: e-poster selected for ASCO 2013, IL, USA. Monica I, KesavRamgopalAdavikolanu, SwapnaJilla, Vindhya vasiniAndra, YugandharLella, Suresh Pamidighantam, JagannathraoNsidu, K.V., VenkataRatnamSunkavalli
9.Comparative study of response, toxicity and quality of life in locally advanced head and neck cancers with concurrent chemo-radiothera with three weekly Cisplatinvs weekly Cisplatin regimen: .
Poster presented at Cancer CI-2013, Hyderabad, India:KesavRamgopalAdavikolanu, Monica I, Pavan Kumar L,SyedAkram, Deepa Joseph M, Fayaz Ahmed Syed, Suresh Pamidighantam, Jagannathrao Naidu, K.V., VenkataRatnamSunkavalli
10.Comparison of three different radiation fractionation schedules in the palliation of painful bone metastases.J ClinOncol 30, 2012 (suppl; abstract 9055).Monica Malik, SwapnaJilla, NandithaSesikeran, K. V. JagannathRao Naidu, Suresh Pamidighantam, VenkataRatnamSunkavalli; Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, India.
11.Dynamic and segmental methods of intensity modulated radiotherapy delivery in head and neck cancer- Analysis of volumetric and dosimetric parameters. International
Journal of Radiation Oncology*Biology*Physics Volume 84, Issue 3, Supplement , Pages S789- S790, 1 November
2012KesavaRamgopalA,Vijayakrishna E, Suresh P,Vindhyavasini, A,Swapna J, PavankumarL,Fayazahmed S, Monica I, Jagannathraonaidu K V, Ratnam S V.
12.Conventional two phase versus simultaneous integrated boost methods of intensity modulated radiotherapy delivery in carcinoma prostate- analysis of volumetric and
dosimetric parameters.InternationalJournal of Radiation Oncology*Biology*PhysicsVolume 84,
Issue 3, Supplement , Page S788, 1 November 2012.KesavaRamgopalA,VijayakrishnaE,Suresh P, Vindhyavasini A,
SwapnaJ,PavankumarL,Fayaz Ahmed S, Monica I, Jagannathraonaidu K V, Ratnam S V.
13.Clinical profile and outcomes in Glioblastomamultiforme- Institutional experience.e -abstract, J Clin Oncol 30,2012 (suppl abstre12501. Kesava Ramgopal A, Fayaz Ahmed S, Monica I, Naidu KVJR, Suresh P, Ratnam S V
14. Study of quality of life in brain tumor patients treated with three dimensional conformal radiotherapy. J ClinOncol 28:15s, 2010 (suppl; abstr 2091). V. S. Vankamamidi, V. R. Sunkavalli, K. J.
Naidu, M. Malik, S. Pamidighantam; Nizams Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, India
15. Study Comparing Short Course Preoperative Radiation and Conventional Chemoradiation in Locally Advanced Carcinoma Rectum. Presented at the 96th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America December 2010 in Chicago, Illinois. Sharma L, Ratnam SV, Naidu KVJR, Malik M.
16. What is your diagnosis? Unusual case of osteomalacia. Indian Journal of Rheumatology, Vol 5,No2,pp93-94, 2010 JagannathRao, IR Varaprasad, L Rajasekhar, T Gangadhar, C Sundaram, G Narsimulu, S Venkatratnam
17. Analysis of radiation doses to radiation personnel during the last 10
years in NIMS: NIMS Clinical proceedings April 2006.18(1)18-23. Dr.P.Suresh, Dr.S.V.Ratnam,Dr.K.V.J.R.Naidu
18. Arandomized double-blind placebo controlled parallel study to evaluate the
safety and efficacy of MF5232* (MUCOTROL), a concentrated oral Gel Wafer in the treatment of oral mucositis.(Along with the Department of CPMR, September 2003 , Drugs R D 2005:6 (5):291-298.MUR Naidu, Gvenkatramana,
S.Venkatratnam, Sudha,jaganthRao Naidu, Priyadrashini Roy, P.Suresh, P.Usha Rani, L.Krishna Mohan