Treatment options may consist of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy or any combination of these treatments.
- Surgery is the most common treatment option where the surgeon may remove the uterus and possibly surrounding tissues and organs which may be affected
- Chemotherapy is a cancer treatment that uses anti-cancer drugs to kill or stop the growth of cancer cells
- Radiation therapy is a cancer treatment that uses high-energy radiation beams to eliminate cancer cells or stop them from growing. Radiation therapy consists of external beam radiotherapy and brachytherapy or internal radiation therapy
- External beam is a treatment option that uses localized high energy radiation beams to eliminate cancer cells and keep them from growing
- Brachytherapy uses a radioactive substance, usually in the form of seeds which are placed directly into or near the cancer which helps to shrink the tumor