At American Oncology Institute, Our team of Hemato-Oncologists includes Dr. Parinitha Gutha, Dr. S.K. Gupta.& Dr. AMVR Narendra.They have rich experience and are among the few doctors trained in India and at UK’s most eminent hospitals. The team also works closely with doctors of AOI’s Medical, Radiation and Surgical Oncology departments to deliver comprehensive cancer care based on top US standards.
Hematology deals with the treatment of blood disorders and blood cancers, both of which require unique diagnostics and care. Accordingly, the field of hematology integrates clinical and laboratory medicine. Hematology treatments are conducted on outpatient, day-care or inpatient basis, depending on the specific needs of each patient.
Some of the conditions in which American Oncology Institute hemato-oncologists specialize are:
- Acute myeloid and acute lymphoid leukemia
- Chronic myeloid and lymphocytic leukemia
- Myelodysplastic syndromes
- Myeloproliferative disorders
- Lymphoma (Hodgkins and Non-Hodgkin’s)
- Bone marrow failure syndromes (Aplastic anemia, Fanconi’s anemia)
- Bone marrow transplantation (Autologous and Allogenic stem cell transplantation)
- Coagulation disorders (Hemophilia, Von Willebrand disorder, thrombophilia, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism)
- Red cell disorders and Hemoglobinopathies (Thalassemia, sickle cell disease)
- Obstetrics blood disorders.