International scientific paper presentations:
National Scientific paper presentations:
|Jr. Resident||PGIMER, Chandigarh (India)||Nuclear Medicine||2011 to 2014|
|Kurnool Medical college, Kurnool, A.P.
|Medicine, Surgery, OBG,
Paediatrics, Forensic medicine,
Skin & VD, Community medicine,
PGIMER includes Nehru Hospital, a 1400 bedded tertiary level teaching hospital and two research blocks for basic sciences. It is one of the best national institutes of medical education in India. PGIMER is a referral center for several northern states including Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Uttarakhand and the union territory of Chandigarh.
The department of Nuclear Medicine has a facility of 4 Gamma cameras (including 2 SPECT/CT, one single head gamma camera and a dedicated cardiac camera), PET/CT with cyclotron facility, and radionuclide therapy ward. The department is also credited with an excellent teaching faculty of renowned Nuclear Medicine physicians.
PGIMER is one of the three institutes in India that offers MD Nuclear Medicine course. He was selected through an All India Open Examination on merit basis to do MD at PGIMER, Chandigarh, one of the best institutes in India for post graduation.
Experience During Training:
Experience in diagnostic general nuclear medicine:
1. Bone scan –whole body and SPECT/CT
2. DTPA / EC Renogram and interventional studies
3. DMSA scan
4. DRCG scan
5. HIDA – hepatobiliary scan
6. Liver RES scan
7. Stress Myocardial Perfusion Scintigraphy
8. Myocardial Viability studies
9. First pass and equilibrium gated radionuclide angiogram
10. Thyroid uptake and scan
11. Gastroesophageal reflux studies
12. Gastroesophageal transit time and motility studies
13. Brain SPECT perfusion studies
14. CSF leak studies
15. Parathyroid scintigraphy
16. Salivary scintigraphy
17. Lacrimal scintigraphy
18. Pleuro periotoneal shunt studies
19. 131I MIBG scan
20. 131I whole body scan
Experience in PET – CT:
1. PET CT for oncology using tracers like 18F FDG, 68 Ga DOTATATE
2. PET CT for cardiac studies using tracers like 18F FDG and 13N- NH3
3. PET CT brain studies
4. PET CT for infection imaging
Experience in Radionuclide Therapy
1. Low dose radioiodine therapy for hyperthyroidism
2. High dose radioiodine therapy for thyroid cancer
3. Bone pain palliation using 153 Sm – samarium
4. Lutetium therapy for neuroendocrine tumors
Thesis work: “Prospective comparison of 18F-FDG PET/CT vs. combined 18F-FDG and 18F-Naf PET/CT imaging in evaluation of patients with locally advanced breast cancer and patients with recurrent breast carcinoma” during MD (Nuclear Medicine) in PGIMER, Chandigarh India. This work is being done under guidance of Dr Baljinder Singh, Prof of Dept of Nuclear Medicine, Dr. B R Mittal, Prof and Head Dept. of Nuclear Medicine, Dr Gurpreet Singh, Prof. of Dept. of General surgery at PGIMER Chandigarh (India).
|MBBS, Kurnool Medical
College, Kurnool, A.P.
|—||NTR, University of Health Sciences, A.P.||2009|
|MD||Nuclear Medicine||PGIMER, Chandigarh||—|
Professional Membership: He is a Lifetime member of SNM India